The Armadillo has been developed in real-life, commercial operations. We know what it means with failing equipment when out on a tight delivery schedule! The stress level this causes for the courier, the dispatcher and the customer is something we really want to avoid. This is why we put a lot of effort reduce the risk of this happening in the first place, and if it still happens, that you get up and rolling again asap!
- The double wishbone suspension on the Armadillo, that ensures smooth riding over almost any surface, is protecting not only the cargo and you from shaking to pieces, but also the vehicle itself. Bad bike paths and roads is not anywhere near such a big problem as it is for unsuspended high capacity cargo bikes.
- A flat tyre is the most common cause of failure on a cargo bike. Our solution is seemingly simple, yet we still seem to be alone with it: One bolt wheel release and carrying a spare wheel. You can switch wheel and get going again in a minute! How about that for anxiety relief?
- We monitor carefully which problems occur at our customers and continuously look for technical solutions that take these problems away.
- We have carefully designed maintenance checklists that, when followed, minimizes technical failure risk.
- We make sure that someone is trained in Armadillo maintenance and repairs before it is deployed. This can be a third party maintenance partner or your own staff.
- Our support staff is always available for you and the maintenance partner to give advice and to ship spare parts.
- We have spare parts in stock for immediate shipping.
- We have several years of winter riding experience in commercial operation in Gothenburg, Sweden. Not a single delivery have had to be cancelled due to snow, ice or cold weather. If you have very cold winter temperatures in your area, carrying an extra battery wintertime is recommended due to the decrease in capacity in li-ion batteries in cold temperatures.